FacebookTwitterInstagram
In Soria Despejado min. max. 19º check out the AEMET forecast

Council House (El Burgo de Osma)

The current Town Hall building was built in 1768 and designed by Ángel Vicente Ubón who wanted to maintain the uniformity of the Hospital of San Agustín and therefore opted for designing the Council House in a Neoclassical style with arcades and two towers.

 

Inside there are two floors with a lintelled gallery, and the lower floor has Tuscan columns that came from the medieval town hall. The Council House maintains its façade with three entrances framed by ashlar, the coat of arms of King Felipe II, two of Bishop Tello and a tombstone in memory of the previous Council Houses. The three-level towers with their simple steeples and the clock, bell and weather vane in the centre seem to emulate the niche located in the hospital in front. The second floor has a balcony that opens up to the town square and is crowned with a clock from 1886.

Tourist Map

View Tourist Map
View Tourist Map
Tourist Map
Añadir a tu Ruta
Town Hall
Town Hall
Town Hall
Town Hall

Diputación de Soria (Desarrollo Económico y Turismo)

C/ Caballeros, 17 - 42002 Soria

Tfno. 975 220 511 Fax 975 231 635

turismo@dipsoria.es