FacebookTwitterInstagram
In Soria Despejado min. max. 16º check out the AEMET forecast

Convent of Carmen (El Burgo de Osma)

In 1595, this building began to be erected but wasn’t finished until 1607, and its style fits in perfectly with the architectonic canons of the Order of Carmelo. It has a Latin cross floor plan within a rectangular nave with lateral chapels connected with each other. The transept has a great dome and a flat apse. The façade has typical Carmelite characteristics and it is divided into three floors that lie in the same symmetrical axis. On the lower floor, we can see the brick façade with three rounded arches. Separating the lower floor with the middle one there is a line of stone with a coat of arms in the centre. On this middle floor, there is a niche with a sculpture of Virgen del Carmen which was made in 1640 by José Rodríguez. In 1762, the chapel dedicated to the Infant Jesus of Prague was built connected to the church’s transept. The chapel is covered by a dome with spandrels that lead to the octagonal ring.

Tourist Map

View Tourist Map
View Tourist Map
Tourist Map
Añadir a tu Ruta
Convent of Carmen (El Burgo de Osma)
Convent of Carmen (El Burgo de Osma)
Convent of Carmen (El Burgo de Osma)
Convent of Carmen (El Burgo de Osma)

Diputación de Soria (Desarrollo Económico y Turismo)

C/ Caballeros, 17 - 42002 Soria

Tfno. 975 220 511 Fax 975 231 635

turismo@dipsoria.es